No personal story involved here, just a compilation of the songs posted on the Château Vergogne YouTube channel by Digital Octopus, so you can download and dance to them any time you like.
Digital Octopus is a one-man electro/synth/italopop project by Maxine, the drummer of the great French oi! band Rixe and bass player of Skate Gang (which I haven't heard yet). He selects punk and oi! tracks and turns them into '80s synth/new beat tracks. Genius!!! Great stuff for all your punk afterparties...
The 12" was a 'bootleg' (not really) edited by La Vida Es Un Mus records. You can read more about Digital Octopus in this interview with Maxine on the Australian blog 'Stitches in My Head and & Blow Blood'.
- I Don't Like You (Skrewdriver)
- Voice of a Generation (Blitz)
- Can't Tell No One (Negative Approach)
- What You Want (Sheer Mag)
- Anti-War (Bloodkrow Butcher)
- Prisoner of the CIA (Savageheads)
- Pharmacist's Daughter (NOFX)
- Pomme d'Amour (Willy et Junior)
- Hybrid Moments (Misfits)
- Kill My Boss (Thrashington D.C.)
- I Got Your Number (Cock Sparrer)
- Bed Bugs (Crazy Spirit)
P.S. If you want more electro covers of (hardcore) punk songs, check out the album "Do You Want New Wave or Do You Want the Soft Pink Truth?" by the The Soft Pink Truth. It's not as upbeat as Digital Octopus at all, but it has electro cover versions of Crass, Minor Threat and Die Kreuzen.